Tips for Prepping Your Wedding Day Survival Kit
The last thing you want to imagine is something going wrong on your wedding day. You could have your day-of timeline detailed down to the minute, but a few minor hiccups are bound to happen. It’s best to be proactive and have a Wedding Day Survival Kit on hand.
Below is a list of suggested essentials needed to make a DIY Wedding Day Survival Kit. Most of the items probably won't even be used, but if you do need it you'll be glad you packed it! We suggest putting these items in a cute tote for easy access throughout the day.
- Oil Blotting Papers: These are especially handy for outdoor, summer weddings. These keep the shine and oil absorbed but keep that beautiful makeup in place.
- Hair Ties and Bobby Pins: Like any girl you can never have too many of these hair savers. In addition to hair ties and bobby pins, we encourage adding a mini hairspray and a comb or brush.
- Lipstick: Color and gloss to reapply throughout the celebration will keep your makeup fresh in every photo.
- Tissues: Only meant for those happy tears :)
- Deodorant: You put it on once but through all of the festivities, you (or a member of the bridal party) may want to reapply! This is also particularly essential for summer weddings.
- Feminine Hygiene Products: Even if you may not need one, you never know if someone else will!
- Baby Wipes: These are great for a quick refresher throughout the day.
- Oral Hygiene Products: Mouthwash, a toothbrush and toothpaste are always great to keep on hand! You want that first kiss as a married couple to be minty fresh.
- Lotion: A mini-lotion is great to make sure those hands are soft and ready for your wedding band to slide on to!
- Spot Remover: See below for the backup plan to the backup plan. You can never be too prepared.
- White Chalk: You may be thinking, "huh?" JUST IN CASE something were to get on your dress that won't come out with spot remover, you can usually mask the stain with some handy dandy white chalk.
- Q-Tips: Wipes up any eyeliner or mascara leakage.
- Eyelash Glue: Not only is this great in case your luscious false lashes come a little loose, it also helps in a lot of other scenarios that could come up.
- Eye Drops: Don't let red eyes ruin those beautiful eyes! As a side note, if someone in your bridal party wears contacts make sure they bring an extra pair along with contact solution!)
- Double-Sided Tape: Just like the eyelash glue this has many uses but comes in super handy!
- A Portable Mirror: Pretty self-explanatory, but this helps to quickly look at your makeup/hair before heading down the aisle.
- Baby Powder: No one likes to feel sweaty on their wedding day! Moisture absorbing baby powder keeps you feeling fresh all through the fun.
- Granola Bars and Water: No one likes a hangry or dehydrated bride! Make sure you are fueled up and hydrated!
- Mini First Aid Kit: Keep the Band-aids, burn relief and antiseptic handy just in case they're needed.
- Medicine: Pain reliever and antacids are a great idea to add to your Wedding Day Survival Kit. Take precautions again a pounding headache or upset stomach. Also, if you're having an outdoor wedding or will be taking photos outside, adding Benadryl or Zyrtec to your list is a great idea.
- Lighter: For any candles that need to be lit. The majority of venues and wedding planners have these on hand, but you can never be too safe. Trust us, you'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
- Mini Sewing Kit: Having a mini sewing kit with scissors, needles, thread, buttons and safety pins is essential on wedding day. We have had bridesmaids dress straps come off and this little kit was a lifesaver!
- Nail Polish: It's a fantastic idea to keep a clear top coat, the shade you're wearing and a nail file on hand just in case a chip happens. No one wants that ring finger polish to have a chip in it! Plus, clear nail polish helps with runs in pantyhose!
- Krazy Glue: See above for lash glue and double sided tape! Krazy glue works magic if any uh-ohs happen (acrylic nail breaks, a shoe heel comes loose, decorations need a touch up or a jewel pops out of an accessory).
- Cell Phone Charger: No one wants a dead battery on a wedding day! Especially if you need to contact your A Trace of Elegance wedding planner! ;)
- Lint Roller: This is really helpful to have ready for a multitude of formal wear situations for both the ladies and the fellas.
- Umbrella: While rain on your wedding day is good luck, you don't want your hair and makeup to suffer. We recommend one of those cute clear umbrellas just in case it persists into photos.
- Sunblock: This is a must-have for outdoor weddings. If you choose to do outdoor photos for an indoor wedding, make sure to have this in your bag if it's a full sun day!
Having these items on hand will give you a peace of mind that IF anything comes up, you'll be equipped to handle any slight hiccups that come your way.